Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies help users to prevent accidently exposing organizational data.
- Scope: Environment Level OR Tenant Level.
- Tenant level policies: Scope can be all environments, selected environments, all environments except ones you have specifically excluded
- Classification of Connectors: Business, Non-Business, Blocked.
- Business Connectors host data that is used by the business/organization.
- Non-Business Connectors host data that is used for personal purpose
- Connectors that are restricted and should not be used across one or more environments are classified as Blocked.
- Default classification for a connector for new policy is Non-Business. Admins can move connectors from this category to other categories based on business preference.
- DLP policies can be modified from Power Platform Admin Center
- DLP policies affect Canvas Power App and Power Automate flows.
- You should be a Tenant Admin OR Environment Admin to create DLP Policy.